The Housekeeping Supervisor will ensure that housekeeping functions are delivered to the satisfaction of the guest and meet the standards as established by the hotel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Must adhere to our SMILE service standards and Core Values by providing excellent guest service. Maintain a positive and productive attitude with guests as well as fellow team members. Monitor team members within the department to ensure SMILE service standards and Core Values are being executed.
- Must adhere to the Mistequa Casino Hotel Team member Handbook.
- Hiring new staff according to requirements.
- Training new staff as per requirements of hotel.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of housekeeping staff.
- Visit rooms and ensure that the housekeeping work meets hotel expectations.
- Act as a liaison between housekeeping department and hotel management.
- Perform customer service duties.
- Ensure that customers are satisfied with housekeeping by providing efficient and professional housekeeping services.
- Schedule cleaning activities in the hotel.
- Allot responsibilities to housekeeping staff.
- Maintain equipment in good working condition.
- Report supply shortages and get approval for supply orders.
- Create daily job checklists and give feedback to housekeeping staff.
- Deliver excellent customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must have ability to:
- Communicate effectively with all levels of team members, guests, and outside contacts.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Move around all work areas effectively and efficiently.
- Able to work periodically under conditions of extreme urgency (creating higher levels of job stress).
- High school diploma or (GED) preferred.
- Excellent guest service skills.
- Previous supervisor experience preferred.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to work independently and use good judgment.
- Professionalism along with speed and attention to detail.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear. The team member is regularly required to stand or walk for long periods of time. The team member is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member is frequently required to lift and carry up to 55 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, every team member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Obtain and maintain a License D with Spokane Tribal Gaming Commission.
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Casinos.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the team member’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST, AND AT RANDOM FOLLOWING EMPLOYMENT
THE MISTEQUA CASINO HOTEL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO HIRE ACCORDING TO ITS INDIAN PREFERENCE POLICY
ALL POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A 90 DAY ORIENTATION PERIOD
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE MISTEQUA CASINO HOTEL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AND THE PLAYERS CLUB
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: CINDY HUNDLEY
AT 1-800-322-2788, (509) 935-6167 OR (509) 258-8973
FAX: (509) 935- 6223