- The primary function of this role is to accelerate the growth of sales for hotel guest rooms and meeting space. Primary duties include: Generating/submitting RFPs and related sales documents, collaborating with Hotel Management to set revenue goals and strategy, implementing a sales plan to drive revenue growth and attending networking events to generate leads. Operational duties: Generating and distributing Banquet Event Orders. Being available on-site at the beginning of banquet events to ensure a smooth start. Communicating to all appropriate departments regarding banquet events and room blocks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Must be willing to work with all regulatory agencies, i.e., Gaming Commission, State, and Federal.
- Must learn and ensure policies and procedures are being followed per the departments’ Internal Controls.
- Must adhere to our SMILE service standards and Core Values by providing excellent guest service. Maintain a positive and productive attitude with guests as well as fellow team members.
- Must adhere to the Mistequa Casino Hotel Team member Handbook.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for the growth of the hotels guest rooms and meeting space.
- Maintain sales volume, product mix and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators and competitors.
- Drive the successful implementation and adoption of the sales and marketing automation platforms.
- Make quality prospecting calls each week to maintain a full sales pipeline.
- Track sales calls and prospecting calls each week and submit weekly sales call report to Hotel Operations Manager.
- Develop key relationships with industry clients as well as local officials in our area.
- Maintain a pipeline full of sales prospects.
- Work with the marketing team to promote the hotel.
- Create sales reports for company’s sales.
- Develop long-term sales goals.
- Create banquet and track banquet event orders & distribute to all departments.
- Meet & greet clients on-site the day of banquet events to ensure a smooth transition to banquets.
- Must be able to work shift work, holidays, weekends, and special events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must have ability to:
- Communicate effectively with all levels of team members, guests, and outside contacts.
- Able to work periodically under conditions of extreme urgency (creating higher levels of job stress).
- Must be 18 years of age.
- 1-3 years’ experience in Hotel Sales.
- High school diploma or (GED).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with management and cross-functional teams, for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent guest service skills.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to work independently and use good judgment.
- Strong Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and technical skills.
- A deep understanding of the market services/products.
- Great communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear. The team member is regularly required to stand or walk for long periods of time. The team member is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member is frequently required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, every team member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Must be 18 years of age to obtain and maintain a License D with Spokane Tribal Gaming Commission.
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Casinos.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the team member’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST, AND AT RANDOM FOLLOWING EMPLOYMENT
THE MISTEQUA CASINO HOTEL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO HIRE ACCORDING TO ITS INDIAN PREFERENCE POLICY
ALL POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A 90 DAY ORIENTATION PERIOD
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE MISTEQUA CASINO HOTEL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AND THE PLAYERS CLUB
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: CINDY HUNDLEY
AT 1-800-322-2788, (509) 935-6167 OR (509) 258-8973
FAX: (509) 935- 6223