Coordinate and maintain the activity of all front-house personnel in the Food & Beverage Department in the Hotel and Banquets to assure high quality guest service in full accordance with all operational policies, procedures, and gaming regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Must be willing to work with all regulatory agencies, i.e., Gaming Commission, State, and Federal.
- Must learn and ensure policies and procedures are being followed per the departments’ Internal Controls.
- Must adhere to the Mistequa Casino Hotel Team Member Handbook.
- Must adhere to our SMILE service standards and Core Values by providing excellent guest service. Maintain a positive and productive attitude with guests as well as fellow team members. Monitor team members within the department to ensure SMILE service standards and Core Values are being executed.
- Will create the weekly scheduling of team members according to business demands and events.
- Will adhere to the proper food handling/beverage serving procedures and assure the implementation of these procedures throughout the front-house.
- Under the direction of the Food & Beverage Manager, the front house supervisor will help in making changes to the IC’s to ensure the proper controls within the Food & Beverage Department.
- The Front house Supervisor will work with the Marketing Department when the promotions involve the Food & Beverage Department. Communicate with team members all pertinent information.
- Will oversee all training of new server/cashiers, bartenders, and beverage servers, i.e. till functions, cleaning, stocking, and maintaining a pleasant environment for Mistequa Casino Hotel guests.
- When needed, after consulting with the Food & Beverage Manager, the Front house supervisor will write up and post memos as needed to maintain consistent quality and communicate all changes within the Food & Beverage Dept.
- Monitors job performance of all Café and Banquet team members in the hotel and provides feedback on same to aid the team members in developing and enhancing skills.
- Monitor punch edits and coach front-house team members regarding attendance, policies, procedures, and job performance while treating all team members equally and respectfully.
- Will assist and make recommendations for transfers, promotions, coaching, and termination of all service team members in a fair and equitable manner.
- Responsible for listening, evaluating, and handling guest complaints in a way that satisfies the guest in a timely and professional manner.
- Responsible for ordering of all departmental needs to maintain adequate levels of inventory in the hotel.
- Receives and examines orders to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
- Assist all kitchen staff when needed while setting an example of the high standards of guest service and product quality that are expected.
- Will work closely with the Banquet Captain to ensure events meet the highest quality and exceptional guest service standards.
- Held accountable for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- May be required to work shifts and/or events at the Casino.
- Assist in maintaining floor security by notifying Management and Security of suspicious activity.
- Must be able to work shift work, holidays, weekends, and special events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises all front-house and Banquet team members.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include overseeing team member training; planning, assigning, and directing work, rewarding, and coaching team members; addressing complaints and resolving issues.
Must have ability to:
- Communicate effectively with all levels of team members, guests, and outside contacts.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Move around all work areas effectively and efficiently.
- Able to work periodically under conditions of extreme urgency (creating higher levels of job stress)
- Must be 21 years of age.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- One to two years experience in a supervisor position.
- Knowledge of order processing systems, Point of Sale (POS) software, inventory software, scheduling and contact management systems.
- Excellent Guest Service skills.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to be flexible in dealing with changes or problems.
- Ability to lead and motivate team members.
- Ability to work independently and use good judgment.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Must obtain a food handlers card within 30 days of employment and keep it current.
- Must obtain a Class 12 servers permit within 30 days and keep it current.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear. The team member is frequently required to walk and stand. The team member is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, every team member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Must be 18 years of age to obtain and maintain a License D with Spokane Tribal Gaming Commission.
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Casinos.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the team member’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST, AND AT RANDOM FOLLOWING EMPLOYMENT
THE MISTEQUA CASINO HOTEL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO HIRE ACCORDING TO ITS INDIAN PREFERENCE POLICY
ALL POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A 90 DAY ORIENTATION PERIOD
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE MISTEQUA CASINO HOTEL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AND THE PLAYERS CLUB
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: CINDY HUNDLEY
AT 1-800-322-2788, (509) 935-6167 OR (509) 258-8973
FAX: (509) 935- 6223