Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the hotel. Supervises the front desk staff, Lobby Attendant, and Night Auditor. Also acts as a front desk agent when needed. Works with the Operations Manager providing input on hiring, performance, and revenue management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Must be willing to work with all regulatory agencies, i.e., Gaming Commission, State, and Federal.
- Must learn and ensure policies and procedures are being followed per the departments’ Internal Controls.
- Must adhere to our SMILE service standards and Core Values by providing excellent guest service. Maintain a positive and productive attitude with guests as well as fellow team members. Monitor team members within the departments to ensure SMILE service standards and Core Values are being executed.
- Must adhere to the Mistequa Casino Hotel Team member Handbook.
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of the hotel and front desk staff, leading and mentoring staff.
- Provide input in hiring decisions and performance of front desk staff, Lobby Attendant, and Night Auditor.
- Work closely with others in the departments to identify and correct issues and make recommendations to remedy issues.
- Keep track of correspondence and interactions with customer using a customer relationship management tool
- Provide input on revenue management.
- Perform all check-in and check-out tasks.
- Manage online and phone reservations.
- Inform customers about payment methods and verify their credit card data.
- Register guests collecting necessary information (i.e. contact details and exact dates of their stay)
- Welcome guests upon their arrival and assign rooms.
- Provide information about our hotel, available rooms, rates and amenities.
- Respond to guests’ concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Liaise with our housekeeping staff to ensure all rooms are clean, tidy and fully-furnished to accommodate guests’ needs
- Confirm group reservations and arrange personalized services for VIP customers and event attendees.
- Upsell additional facilities and services, when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must have ability to:
- Communicate effectively with all levels of team members, guests, and outside contacts.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Move around all work areas effectively and efficiently.
- Able to work periodically under conditions of extreme urgency (creating higher levels of job stress).
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or (GED) preferred. Cash handling experience preferred.
- Excellent guest service skills.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to work independently and use good judgment.
- Good math skills.
- Work experience as a Hotel Front Desk Agent, Receptionist or similar role is preferred but not necessary.
- excellent communication and organizational skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear. The team member is regularly required to stand or walk for long periods of time. The team member is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member is frequently required to lift and carry up to 55 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, every team member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Must be 18 years of age to obtain and maintain a License D with Spokane Tribal Gaming Commission.
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Casinos.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the team member’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST, AND AT RANDOM FOLLOWING EMPLOYMENT
THE MISTEQUA CASINO HOTEL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO HIRE ACCORDING TO ITS INDIAN PREFERENCE POLICY
ALL POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A 90 DAY ORIENTATION PERIOD
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE MISTEQUA CASINO HOTEL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AND THE PLAYERS CLUB
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: CINDY HUNDLEY
AT 1-800-322-2788, (509) 935-6167 OR (509) 258-8973
FAX: (509) 935- 6223