MISTEQUA CASINO HOTEL
The Slot Attendant is responsible for providing guest service on the slot gaming floor, pay out jackpots, and maintain player terminals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Must be willing to work with all regulatory agencies, i.e., Gaming Commission, State, and Federal.
- Must learn and ensure policies and procedures are being followed per the departments’ Internal Controls.
- Must adhere to the Mistequa Casino Hotel Team Member Handbook.
- Must adhere to our SMILE service standards and Core Values by providing excellent guest service. Maintain a positive and productive attitude with guests as well as fellow team members.
- Repairing and maintaining of Video player terminals.
- The slot attendant must be proactive and identify problems and solutions concerning issues on the slot floor. Follow up with the Slot Manager.
- Constantly walk the gaming area to assist guest needs, pushing in chairs to provide clear pathways for guests.
- Maintain cleanliness of the gaming area by helping housekeeping.
- Prepares W-2G for jackpots and gives to the Cage to process. Pay jackpots to guest
- Ensure video player terminal is filled with tickets in a timely manner, so as to keep machines in constant operation.
- May be required to perform delegated office work.
- Assist in maintaining gaming floor security by notifying Management and Security of suspicious activity.
- Responsible for staying up to date on current promotions and events. Communicate the information and instructions to our guests.
- Prompt new guests to sign onto our players club.
- Facilitates the flow of information by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
- Must be able to work shift work, holidays, weekends, and special events.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Must have ability to:
- Communicate effectively with all levels of team members and guests.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Move around all work areas effectively and efficiently.
- Able to work periodically under conditions of extreme urgency (creating higher levels of job stress).
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Electronics experience preferred.
- Excellent guest service skills.
- Ability to work independently and use good judgment.
- Must be able to multi-task.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member may be required to talk, hear, walk, sit, reach, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and have hand to finger dexterity.
The team member is frequently required to lift and/or move up to twenty-five pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and infrequently lift and/or move up to one hundred pounds.
The team member is regularly required to stand for long periods of time.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, every team member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Must be 18 years of age to obtain and maintain a License B with Spokane Tribal Gaming Commission.
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Casinos.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the team members department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST, AND AT RANDOM FOLLOWING EMPLOYMENT
THE MISTEQUA CASINO HOTEL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO HIRE ACCORDING TO ITS INDIAN PREFERENCE POLICY
ALL POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A 90 DAY ORIENTATION PERIOD
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE MISTEQUA CASINO HOTEL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AND THE PLAYERS CLUB
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: Cindy Hundley
AT 1-800-322-2788, (509) 935-6167 OR (509) 258-8973
FAX: (509) 935- 6223