VACANCY ANN #: STOI-23-089
TITLE: JOURNEYMAN CARPENTER
SUPERVISOR: TERO DIRECTOR
LOCATION: WELLPINIT, WA
STATUS: FULL TIME-REGULAR, NON-EXEMPT
RATE OF PAY: $23.11 – $29.35 / PER HOUR
OPENING DATE: SEPTEMBER 19, 2023
CLOSING DATE OCTOBER 3, 2023
INTRODUCTION: The Spokane Tribe of Indians TERO Department Elder’s Carpentry Program is to promote and support Spokane Tribal Elder’s in ensuring health and safety issues within their homes are properly and efficiently secured. This will be offered in a way that benefits Spokane Tribal Elder’s in preserving their culture, values and traditions; maintaining a healthy, independent and self-sufficient lifestyle.
The Journeyman Carpenter supervises and coordinates activities of carpentry apprentices engaged in construction, installation and repair of structures by performing the following duties.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Examines blueprints to determine dimensions of structure
- Lays out floorplan and cabinetwork
- Selects materials and structural units such as lumber, prefabricated doors and cabinets of wood or plastic, and paneling; and inspects them to ensure conformance with provisions of building code and local ordinance.
- Determines sequence of activities concerned with fabrication, assembly, and erection of structure.
- Assigns workers to such tasks as cutting material to size, building concrete forms, erecting wooden framework, laying flooring, bathroom replacement and minor plumbing & electrical issues.
- Inspects work performed by subcontractors, including ductwork, wiring and pipe installations to ensure conformance with specifications
- Installs doors, builds stairs, lays hardwood floors, linoleum and carpet as needed
- Supervises workers engaged in building timber structures such as cofferdams, trestles and supports for concrete forms.
- Makes cost estimates for contracts for 1-3 years as needed for procurement purposes of the Spokane Tribe
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Journeyman Carpenter will oversee the TERO Department’s Elder’s Carpentry Apprentice Crew.
- Responsible for work schedule this includes but not limited to: prioritizing emergency services for Elder home repairs, scheduling time allotted at each home, crews daily/weekly schedule
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of construction industry
- Knowledge of product and material
- Skill in operating tools and equipment
- Skill in planning for job assignments
- Ability to direct a crew to accomplish assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work irregular hours if needed
- Ability to work with elders, Tribal staff, vendors and the general public
- Journeyman license desired or 5+ years demonstrated carpentry experience
- Supervisory experience required
- Federal Background check required
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License and be tribally insurable
MUST APPLY ONLINE: https://spokanetribe.bamboohr.com/careers/243?source=aWQ9MTg%3D
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Empero Corral
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527, FAX: (509) 458-6556
Applications Must Be Received In the Human Resources Department No Later Than
4:30 pm on the Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves the Right to Hire According To Its Indian
Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
Positions Considered Safety Sensitive Will Also Test for Marijuana
Positions with the Spokane Tribe Are Subject To a 90-Day Orientation Period