STOI GOV: GRANT WRITER
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-19-119|
|Title||STOI GOV: GRANT WRITER|
|Department||PLANNING AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT|
|Rate of Pay||$17.00 - $21.00 PER HOUR|
|Opening Date||DECEMBER 2, 2019|
|Closing Date||DECEMBER 16, 2019|
Provide grant writing, and grant management services to the Spokane Tribe of Indians through participation in the Planning & Economic Development Department.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Researches and writes grants.
- Seek out and obtain future funding from federal, state or private agencies, organizations or foundations for Tribal programs and projects.
- Perform advanced professional work related to a variety of Planning and Economic Development assignments.
- Manage grants for complex studies, projects, and initiatives.
- Work cooperatively with the various Tribal programs and communities to provide Tribal leadership with the information and technical support necessary to formulate comprehensive plans, make informed decisions, and develop new policies and initiatives.
- Manages and/or assists in the coordination of community-based planning processes.
- Conduct workshops, community meetings, and other public forums for gathering public input and identifying Tribal community needs.
- Represent the Tribe at meetings and functions related to Planning and Economic Development grant programs.
- Seek out and obtain future funding from federal, state or private agencies, organizations or foundations for planning programs, transportation planning, and public transit.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with appropriate agencies, such as municipal, state, county, other tribal governments, Bureau of Indian Affairs, U.S. Forest Service, National Park Service, Federal Highways Administration, Housing and Urban Development, etc.
- Administer all manner of contracts, including but not limited to: grant awards, construction contracts, consultation contracts, and related third-party agreements.
- Research, compiles and presents technical information, and prepares and coordinates presentations to the Tribal Business Council, Department Directors, Program Managers, Tribal employees, Tribal members, and various community groups.
- Represent the Tribe at meetings and functions related to Planning and Economic Development.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Planning and Economic Development Director.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Knowledge of Tribal governance.
- Ability to understand and execute complex oral or written instructions and apply extensive and obscure guideline to a wide variety of work situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, public and private officials, and the general public.
- Ability to take directions and carry out objectives effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to research complex information and effectively present such information in a public setting.
- Ability to work in an open team environment.
- Excellent communication, reading comprehension, and writing skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in a variety of forms.
- Ability to work effectively and respectfully within the Spokane Tribe of Indians community and Tribal culture.
- Must be able to work continually with attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, as well as establishing priorities and meeting deadline.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Urban and Regional Planning, English or Business Management (or closely related field) and Demonstrated successful grant writing experience.
- Must be flexible in work scheduling during the work week and on weekends when required.
- Individual must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations professionally. This position requires constant interaction with Tribal leaders, public officials and non-tribal professional organizations.
- Travel on and off the Spokane Indian Reservation is required.
- Must be detail oriented and able to successfully adhere to strict deadlines
- Must be able to pass a drug test and all required background checks as required by the Spokane Tribe of Indians.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be tribally insurable.
COVER LETTER AND RESUME REQUIRED IN ADDITION TO STOI APPLICATION
Applications Are Available In the Tribal Human Resources Department
Or, can be downloaded from our website: www.spokanetribe.com
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
FAX: (509) 458-6556
Applications Must Be Received In The Human Resources Department No Later
Than 4:30 p.m. on The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its
Indian Preference Policy
Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
Positions With The Spokane Tribe Are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation Period