STOI GOV: TRANSIT DRIVER
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-19-105|
|Title||STOI GOV: TRANSIT DRIVER|
|Department||PLANNING AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT|
|Rate of Pay||$14.00 PER HOUR|
|Opening Date||NOVEMBER 21, 2019|
|Closing Date||OPEN CONTINUOUS|
Transport passengers in unison with routes and schedules developed by the Transit Coordinator and Transit Manager. Incumbent’s primary responsibilities are to operate and maintain The Moccasin Express fleet vehicles consistent with the needs of the Spokane Tribe of Indians and surrounding communities.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate passenger vehicles in a safe and responsible manner in all road conditions.
- Inspect, schedule and monitor vehicle maintenance.
- Maintain cleanliness of assigned vehicles and The Moccasin Express facilities.
- Operate vehicles to provide public transit services consistent with established routes and schedules.
- Maintain complete documentation as required by Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) compliance regulations.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Excellent human relations skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to work effectively and respectfully within the Spokane Tribal Community and culture.
- Must have the ability to keep accurate reports and correspondence.
- Be available for duty during workdays (Mon – Fri)
- Must be a self-motivator and able to work with little direct supervision.
- Must have the ability to write/ maintain routine reports and correspondence in compliance with FTA and WSDOT.
- Must be able to pass random DOT drug testing requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass a DOT drug test and all required background checks as required by the Spokane Tribe of Indians.
- Must have a valid Washington State Driver’s License and be tribally insurable
- This position requires occasional local travel. Additional travel may be required to attend out of area trainings and meetings.
Safety Sensitive Position
Applications Are Available At the McCoy Administration Building In the Tribal Human Resources Department:
P.O. Box 206 Wellpinit, WA 99040
Or, can be downloaded online at: (www.spokanetribe.com)
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
Ph# (509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527
FAX# (509) 458-6556
Applications Must Be Received In the Human Resources Department
No Later Than 4:30 p.m. On The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its Indian Preference Policy
Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test