STOI GOV: WILDLIFE TECHNICIAN III
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-19-111|
|Title||STOI GOV: WILDLIFE TECHNICIAN III|
|Supervisor||WILDLIFE MITIGATION PROJECT MANAGER|
|Status||REGULAR, FULL-TIME, NON EXEMPT|
|Rate of Pay||$17.00 - $19.50/PER HOUR|
|Opening Date||NOVEMBER 19, 2019|
|Closing Date||DECEMBER 3, 2019|
INTRODUCTION: The Wildlife Technician III position is a full time permanent position. This employee is expected to be able to complete tasks and exhibit skills needed in the office, and in the field, independent of direct supervision. This position will supervise Habitat Technician I and II positions, and volunteers when a supervisor is not available.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with wildlife habitat enhancements and maintenance such as tree and shrub planting, native grass and cover crop seeding, water developments, prescribed burns, fence maintenance and construction, noxious weed control, tree thinning, road maintenance, and maintenance of equipment and Tribal facilities.
- Prepare equipment for storage in the off season and for use in the next field season.
- Assist with wildlife and habitat surveys.
- Collect accurate data when conducting field work such as fence maintenance, vegetation inventories, herbicide application, equipment maintenance, and vehicle logs.
- Collect and log GIS data into our systems
- Supervise and train wildlife Technician I and II staff when a supervisor is not available.
- The incumbent is expected to be punctual, self-motivated, and exercise sound judgement (safety-oriented) in carrying out the responsibilities of this position.
- Assist with fish collection and allocation for cultural subsistence needs.
- Assist the Wildlife Biologist and the Program Manager in planning field season activities.
- Provide habitat management recommendations to the Program Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Washington State driver’s License and a good driving record.
- Two seasons as a Wildlife Technician II and the ability to effectively supervise Wildlife Tech I & II staff in the field; or a two (2) year Wildlife, Biology, or a Natural Resource Degree (A.S.) and one season as a Wildlife Technician II; or a four (4) year Wildlife, Biology, or a Natural Resource Degree (B.S.)
- Employment history reflecting excellent attendance with good references.
- Valid Washington State Pesticide Private Applicators License.
Applications are available at the Tribal Human Resource Department or can be downloaded at www.spokanetribe.com
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
P.O. Box 206 Wellpinit, WA 99040
509-458-6583 or 458-6527 Fax: 509-458-6556
Applications must be received in the Human Resource Department no later than 4:30 p.m. on the closing date.
The Spokane Tribe reserves the right to hire according to its
Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants are subject to a Pre-Employment Drug Test
All Positions with the Spokane tribe of Indians are subject to a
90-day orientation period