STOI GOV: LEAD GAMING AGENT
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-19-102|
|Title||STOI GOV: LEAD GAMING AGENT|
|Supervisor||ENFORCEMENT DIVISION DIRECTOR|
|Department||SPOKANE TRIBAL GAMING COMMISSION|
|Status||REGULAR, FULL-TIME, NON EXEMPT|
|Rate of Pay||$19.50 - $19.97/PER HOUR|
|Opening Date||OCTOBER 18, 2019|
|Closing Date||OPEN UNTIL FILLED|
The Lead Tribal Gaming Agent is responsible for observing all procedures, standards, systems and policies of the Spokane Tribal Gaming facilities, and ensuring that they are in compliance with the minimum internal control standards and other regulations that have been approved by the Spokane Tribal Gaming Commission. Lead Tribal Gaming Agent will supervise and support all Gaming Agents and will serve as training officials to the Gaming Agents. The Lead Tribal Gaming Agent will report all material and information to the Gaming Agent Supervisor.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Offer supervisory support to Gaming Agents.
- Must have thorough knowledge of Gaming related Departmental Standard Operating Procedures, MICS, the Spokane Tribal Gaming Compact, and company policies and procedures.
- Assist Gaming Agent Supervisor and offer training on specific Gaming related processes and procedures, as well as ensuring all gaming agents are aware of all departmental operating procedures.
- Assist Gaming Agent Supervisor in developing a training program for gaming agents to ensure employees have the most current up to date knowledge of casino games.
- Write and review comprehensive, daily reports utilizing computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Complete and review WSGC & NIGC checklists.
- May be required to receive public complaints and direct patrons to the appropriate officials that can satisfy such complaints.
- Examine, test and inspect gaming equipment on a random basis as directed.
- Monitor the storage, issuance and destruction of gaming equipment and sensitive supplies.
- Perform special inspections as circumstances warrant.
- Conduct observations of all gaming activity in reference to the compliance of the Spokane Tribal Gaming Code rules and regulations.
- Observe the conduct of games
- Assist in loss prevention in reference to tribal assets
- Monitor and establish organized system for reports as submitted by the Gaming Agents. Document and report incidents.
- May assist other departments of the gaming agency as needed
- Assist Gaming Agent Supervisor to develop observation & follow up plans
- Assist Surveillance with any work that needs to be done on the casino floor, and ensure cross training is completed with all staff.
- Ability to preserve the confidentiality of all information and material either generated or obtained while conducting inspections and performing all other job responsibilities
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships with casino personnel and management.
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships with WSGC and Gaming Vendors.
- Ability to learn, understand and apply the regulations as set forth by the Spokane Tribal Gaming Commission
- Maintain positive peer relationships and provide assistance in a professional manner
- Must look professional and display professional behavior at all times.
- Must be able to conduct presentations, training, and speak in front of large groups.
- Must have ability to respond effectively to others.
- Must be available at all times due to employee schedules.
Other job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Must be able to work independently, be detail oriented (written and verbal), and have a consistent attendance record, and exercise discretionary judgment.
- Must be willing to work with others while conducting investigations.
- Must be able to resolve and/or refer problems by proper investigative techniques, including, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid irrefutable conclusions.
- Must have the ability to write reports and give effective presentations and responses to questions from managers, patrons, employees, and the general public.
- Knowledge of all applicable gaming regulations, both current and in the future.
- Must maintain knowledge of all possible cheats and scams within the gaming industry.
- Must be able to work irregular shifts, including rotating shift schedules at times including weekends, (day shift, night shift, graveyard, peak operation hours). Will also be required to work holidays or days of special events, i.e., promotional events in gaming facilities when increased patron activity is increased.
- Must have ability to travel to all Spokane Tribal Gaming facilities in order to fulfill staffing requirements as needed and as directed by supervisors.
- Must be willing to perform job duties in a smoke-filled environment.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have five (5) years Class III Gaming Experience.
- Must have two (2) years of Tribal Gaming Agent experience within the last three (3) years.
- Must have a valid Washington State Drivers License and shall be required to submit driving abstract prior to employment and on a quarterly basis as determined by Commission, Enforcement Division Director or Supervisor at his/her expense.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation and maintain eligibility requirements.
- Lead/Supervisor experience preferred, position requires supervisory responsibility over the gaming agents.
Applications Are Available At the McCoy Administration Building In the Tribal Human Resources Department:
P.O. Box 206 Wellpinit, WA 99040
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
Ph# (509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527
Fax #: (509) 458-6556
Or, can be downloaded online at: (www.spokanetribe.com)
Applications Must Be Received In the Human Resources Department
No Later Than 4:30 pm the Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves the Right to Hire According to Its Indian Preference Policy
Applicants Are Subject to A Pre-Employment Drug Test
Positions with the Spokane Tribe are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation Period