STOI GOV: ASSISTANT COOK/DELIVERY DRIVER
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-19-097|
|Title||STOI GOV: ASSISTANT COOK/DELIVERY DRIVER|
|Supervisor||SENIOR SERVICES PROGRAM MANAGER|
|Status||REGULAR, FULL-TIME, NON EXEMPT|
|Rate of Pay||$12.50 - $13.50 PER HOUR|
|Opening Date||OCTOBER 7, 2019|
|Closing Date||OCTOBER 21, 2019|
The Senior Services – Elderly Meal program prepares and serves meals to elders fifty-five (55) years of age and older who reside within the boundaries of the Spokane Indian Reservation. The Wellpinit Senior Center serves all of the Spokane Indian Reservation including; Wellpinit, Ford, Little Falls, and West End area. Meals are delivered Tuesdays through Fridays.
- Assist in preparing nutritious and well balanced meals according to the regulations and guidelines provided by the Title VI Program, which requires standing for long periods of time.
- Assist in preparing menu in coordination with the Head Cook.
- Assist in packaging meals for delivery.
- Deliver meals to elders on home delivery list that reside on the Spokane Indian Reservation. Must be able to get in and out of delivery vehicle multiple times daily.
- Every week assist in preparing grocery list and assist with shopping.
- Assist in maintaining adequate supplies of food, meal preparation materials, packaging materials, cleaning supplies.
- Assist in maintaining an inventory on the above supplies.
- Assist in preparing the dining area for congregate meals.
- Must maintain a clean and sanitized meal preparation and serving area. Including but not limited to washing/sanitizing dishes, sweeping, mopping, dusting, washing tables, etc.
- Clean kitchen appliances daily, including appliances with sharp edges.
- Prepare monthly meal counts by tracking home delivered meals served daily.
- Assist in preparing weekly reports.
- Assure senior intake forms and eligibility form for delivered meals is completed by all new applicants.
- Assist staff with telephone inquiries, correspondence, collateral contact and interviews; meet with clientele individually on an as needed basis to assist with required paperwork.
- Provide input to Senior Services Program Manager to assist in improving services to seniors.
- Attend meetings and training as directed.
- Assist in the general maintenance of the Senior Center to assure it is safe and sanitary.
- Meet with the local nutritionist to assure menu’s meet the minimum third of the RDA’s and US dietary guidelines.
- Knowledge of community elders residing on the Spokane Indian Reservation and knowledge about food safety.
- Knowledge and proficiency in program organization and office management, including filing, typing, operation of computers and other technological devices.
- Ability to compose written correspondence, reports and assimilation of data.
Monday through Friday 7:30 A.M – 4:00 P.M.
The Meal delivery driver/maintenance/custodian will be supervised by the Elderly Services Director.
The Assistant Cook/Delivery Driver is expected to adhere to the Spokane Tribe of Indians Policies and Procedures, Health and Human Services Policies and Procedures and oral and written instructions/discussion with immediate supervisor. The Assistant Cook/Delivery Driver is expected to exercise mature judgment, initiative, and maintain confidentiality in carrying out the responsibilities of a Assistant Cook/Delivery Driver.
Applicant is required to have some basic computer skills. Work requires the performance of interpersonal communication and technical skills. Possess the ability to coordinate and relate to a wide range of issues and to work with a variety of consumers, vendors, administration, staff and community members. Must be able to drive in all weather conditions that are native to this area.
Contacts will be with services recipients, families, community members, program staff, vendors, tribal, county and state agencies and a variety of service providers.
SCOPE AND EFFECT:
The intention of this position is to ensure that nutritious meals are provided to seniors and, essential administrative duties, and program compliance is met.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must clear a criminal history and background inquiry.
- Must maintain a valid Washington State driver’s license and good driving record for insurance purposes.
- Current food handlers card and/or obtain card within two weeks of hire.
- Current First Aid/CPR card and/or obtain one within one month of hire.
- Must have knowledge in nutrition and meal preparation.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Previous experience in program organization, office administration, and proficient computer skills preferred.
- Must be able to effectively communicate orally, in writing, and with supervisors and staff
Applications Are Available At the Spokane Tribal Human Resources Department or can be downloaded at www.spokanetribe.com
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
(509) 458-6583 (509) 458-6527, Fax: (509) 458-6556
Applications Must Be Received In The Human Resources Department
By 4:30 PM On The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According
To Its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants Will Be Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
All Positions With The Tribe Are Subject To A 90 Day Orientation Period