VACANCY ANN#: STOI-23-106
TITLE: FACILITIES MANAGER
DEPARTMENT: PUBLIC WORKS
SUPERVISOR: DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC WORKS
LOCATION: WELLPINIT, WA
STATUS: REGULAR, FULL TIME, NON-EXEMPT
RATE OF PAY: $26.96 – $29.29 / PER HOUR
OPENING DATE: NOVEMBER 9, 2023
CLOSING DATE: NOVEMBER 21, 2023
The Facilities Manager is responsible for the recommendations, implementation and working on the services that maintain, preserve, and protect the Tribal buildings and assets associated with the Tribe overall. The Facilities Manager will supervise the Facilities staff, manage facilities projects and oversee day-to-day operations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilities Manager will maintain and oversee the Spokane Tribe’s grounds, buildings and equipment to ensure that a workspace is safe and functional.
- Duties include negotiating contracts with service providers, inspecting facilities to meet safety regulations and coordinating renovations and updates.
- Monitoring the safety and cleanliness of interior and exterior areas, such as offices, conference rooms, parking lots and outdoor recreation spaces
- Performing routine maintenance on facilities and making repairs as needed
- Scheduling routine inspections and emergency repairs with outside vendors
- Ensuring proper security measures for the workplace, including collaborating with security system vendors or a team of security professionals
- Maintaining day-to-day operations of facilities, such as delegating or completing maintenance/housekeeping work orders
- Develop reports on maintenance, repairs, safety and other occurrences for supervisors and other relevant staff
- Preparing facilities for changing weather conditions
- Collaborating with building owners and upper management on budgeting for facilities and project needs
- Must be able to create SOW’s, Contracts, RFP’s, RFQ’s, program budgets, fiscal budgets, manage/monitor required reporting with funding agencies, contractors and vendors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Advanced mechanical skills, knowledge of plumbing, HVAC and other building systems
- Proficiency with repair tools and techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with other tribal staff, employees, guests, vendors and team members
- Great time management, organization, and prioritization abilities
- Keen attention to detail and efficient problem-solving skills
- Ability to lift, be comfortable standing or walking for long periods of time.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Must know measurements and main concepts of as-builts, definitions, and understanding of
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of or willingness to acquire AutoCAD preferred
- High School Diploma or GED, some college/trade school preferred
- Minimum of ten years on-the-job experience in related field
- General knowledge of blueprints, schematics, and facilities management
- Journeyman-level skills, training, and experience in one or more of the building trades (carpentry, electrical, plumbing, etc.)
- Experience operating heavy equipment and numerous tools and equipment of the trade(s)
- Basic computer skills for record-keeping, daily reports, and correspondence
- Must have demonstrated knowledge in areas such as project management, communication, sustainability and operations management.
- Must be physically capable of lifting, climbing, bending, crawling, etc.
- Must be able to work and drive in adverse weather conditions
- Must have valid drivers license and a good driving record
- Must be able to successfully pass full criminal background and drug screening
- Will manage and maintain all staff within Facilities and Housekeeping for their day-to-day operations.
Apply Online for Consideration: https://spokanetribe.bamboohr.com/careers/259?source=aWQ9MjA%3D
Contact Sabrina McCoy or Empero Corral
509-458-6583 or 458-6527 Fax: 509-458-6556
Applications must be received in the Human Resource Department no later than 4:30 p.m. on the closing date.
The Spokane Tribe reserves the right to hire according to its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants are subject to a Pre-Employment Drug Test
Safety Sensitive Positions Also Test for Marijuana
All Positions with the Spokane tribe of Indians are subject to a 90-day orientation period