VACANCY ANN #: STOI-23-109
JOB TITLE: EDUCATION OUTREACH COORDINATOR
LOCATION: WELLPINIT, WA
SUPERVISOR: EDUCATION MANAGER
RATE OF PAY: HR 5, Min. $21.40, Mid $26.74, Max $32.09
STATUS: REGULAR, FULL-TIME, NON EXEMPT
OPENING DATE: NOVEMBER 16, 2023
CLOSING DATE: NOVEMBER 30, 2023
The Education Outreach Coordinator plays a critical role in developing and maintaining relationships with Higher Educational Institutes, College bound High School Seniors, Adult Vocational Trainee’s and Trainers. This position is responsible for providing outreach and education to diverse audiences through presentations, trainings, on-site visits, one-on-one meetings, networking, events, e-activity and other outreach strategies. This position will work directly with TANF clients/students and GED graduates to disseminate program information and encourage enrollment in a Higher Education Institute, as appropriate.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Education Outreach Coordinator will be responsible in establishing and maintaining a cohesive working relationship between Higher Education Institutes and Spokane Tribe TANF clientele as well as to provide a full range of administrative, clerical, and office support including, but not limited to the below listed duties and any other tasks assigned to them by the Education Program Manager:
- Assist Education Program Manager on the development of the educational outreach departmental structure in order to accomplish short term, long term, and annual goals
- Gain and maintain in-depth knowledge of the Higher Education Program policies and procedures
- Schedule and manage logistics and calendars for various meetings, events, and trainings
- Create, implement, and execute trainings, workshops, educational outreach events and banquets. Deliver presentations and recruit/coordinate outside presenters.
- Represent the Higher Education Department at job fairs, education fairs, community colleges, other educational institutes, community events and other venues as directed by the Education Program Manager
- Participate in local community events as necessary
- Participate in local community education boards on occasion and/or assist on local community education boards when Education Program Manager is not available
- Serve on related non-local committees, attend meetings, and seminars as required or as time permits
- Track and record outreach activities and input into TAS
- Assist Education Program Manager with Financial Aid, academic and college/career development and career counseling to students
- Assist in opening new files and archiving old student files
- Assist with oversight, tracking, and inventory of student files
- Assist with management of cuff accounts and budgets
- Composition and preparation of various types of correspondence including email, social media, drafting letters using Microsoft Word, and pen to paper letters
- Prepare and maintain an accurate telephone/contact directory with key contact information
- Establish contacts, build and maintain working relationships with Higher Educational Institutes, agencies and students
- Perform general clerical duties to include, copying, faxing, mailing, and filing;
- File and retrieve organizational documents, records, and reports
- Assist in representation of the Education Department on Social Media via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. through the STOI Higher Education Facebook page
- Additional duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, specifically higher educational institutes, agencies, and students, with the ability to relate to a diverse group of individuals in an effective manner
- Must have knowledge of higher education admissions process and levels of continued education
- Demonstrate ability to use proper English, spelling, grammar, and punctuation in business correspondence
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Must have the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to demonstrate leadership while simultaneously following leadership
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and/or independently at times and handle multiple projects in a timely manner
- Highly motivated and attention to detail with a strong background in organization
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to work with Education Program Manager to set priorities, objectives, and goals and show ability to execute them in a timely and effective manner
- Demonstrate ability to proficiently utilize computer software programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and TAS)
- Ability to utilize social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Google+, Instagram, etc.)
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, telephone systems, calculators, copies, fax machines and scanners
- Receive, sort, and distribute incoming and outgoing mail
- Fax, copy, and scan documents
- Assist in office filing of student paperwork; ability to maintain organized student files as well as to placing paperwork in student files within 24-hour time period
- Ability to be flexible
- Punctuality and good attendance required
- A./A.A.S. required with an emphasis or concentration in education, communications, human or social services or a related field.
- A./B.S. preferred with an emphasis or concentration in education, communications, human or social services or a related field.
- Must maintain a valid Washington State Driver’s License and be tribally insurable.
- A minimum of 6 months of demonstrated office experience.
- Must have a positive work history and good attendance and punctuality.
- Must have demonstrated event coordinating experience that shows above average ability to energetically and enthusiastically train, present, and actively engage a diverse audience.
- Demonstrated computer experience, with ability to use MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook required, and experience working with TAS preferred.
- Must be familiar with and willing to utilize current social media platforms for the purpose of outreach and engagement.
*101.630 – This position will have regular contact with and/or control over children as part of their job duties.
MUST APPLY ONLINE: https://spokanetribe.bamboohr.com/careers/261?source=aWQ9MjA%3D
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Empero Corral
Ph. # (509) 458 –6583, (509) 458-6527, Fax (509) 458-6556
Applications Must Be Received In the Human Resources Department
No Later Than 4:30 p.m. On The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its Indian Preference Policy
Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
Safety Sensitive Positions Will Also Test For Marijuana
Positions With The Spokane Tribe Are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation Period