VACANCY ANN #: STOI-23-112
JOB TITLE: CURRICULUM DEVELOPER
LOCATION: WELLPINIT, WA
DEPARTMENT: LANGUAGE / CULTURE DEPARTMENT
SUPERVISOR: LANGUAGE PROGRAM MANAGER
RATE OF PAY: HR 4, Min $19.81, Mid $24.76, Max $29.72
STATUS: REGULAR, FULL-TIME, NON EXEMPT
OPENING DATE: NOVEMBER 20, 2023
CLOSING DATE: DECEMBER 04, 2023
A curriculum Developer will be hired to develop an indigenous Spokane-specific curriculum for the Spokane Tribal Language and Culture Program
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop Language/Culture Curriculum
- Create a culturally appropriate comprehensive Spokane Language curriculum by infusing Spokane values and traditions
- Create a Curriculum ensuring holistic teachings (mind, body, and spirit) are infused with Spokane-specific cultural knowledge; science, history, plant knowledge, traditional stories, etc.
- Work cohesively with the Elder Language Specialist, Research Specialist, Language Program Assistant, and Elders in the development of the curriculum.
- Work closely with the Program Manager in a common effort to develop, revise, and implement the curriculum.
- Research Language, Culture, and Historical knowledge as needed for inclusion in the curriculum.
- Assist in the development of Spokane Language performance and strength based assessment.
- Be able to use diverse indigenous methods to generate creative Spokane-specific curriculum
- Must be knowledgeable in traditional ethnobotany i.e., foods and medicines
- Be willing to learn the GPS equipment used for locating and documenting where traditional foods and medicines grow
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, will work respectfully with Elders and other culturally knowledgeable individuals
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment.
- Good organization skills and time management skills; ability to be flexible and have problem-solving skills.
- Strong proofreading skills to produce error-free documents.
- Ability to communicate through verbal and written means with individuals, and small groups,
MINIMUM EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School diploma or GED
- Must have good writing skills
- Must commit to continually learning the spoken and written forms of the Spokane Language using materials provided to work in partnership with the Elder Language Specialist, Research Specialist, and Elders in Curricula development.
- Valid drivers license and a good driving record.
- Computer and software experience, including MS Office, Excel, Outlook, etc.
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Empero Corral
Ph. # (509) 458 –6583, (509) 458-6527, Fax (509) 458-6556
Applications Must Be Received In the Human Resources Department
No Later Than 4:30 p.m. On The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its Indian Preference Policy
Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
Safety Sensitive Positions Will Also Test For Marijuana
Positions With The Spokane Tribe Are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation Period