VACANCY ANNC #: STOI-23-123
TITLE: CASE MANAGER
DEPARTMENT: HHS/BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
LOCATION: WELLPINIT, WA
SUPERVISOR: BEHAVIORAL HEALTH PROGRAM DIRECTOR
STATUS: REGULAR, FULL-TIME, NON – EXEMPT
RATE OF PAY: HR 6, Min. $22.00 – $24.20 / PER HOUR
OPENING DATE: DECEMBER 8, 2023
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The Spokane Tribe Behavioral Health Program works with community members and families to develop comprehensive service plans that assist in creating a healthy and manageable way of life. We work with individuals who struggle with substance use disorder, mental health disorder, mental/physical disabilities, or any combination of these issues. The Case Manager will work with multiple systems that may include Substance Abuse Counseling, Mental Health Counseling, Domestic Violence Advocates, Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors, and other Non-Tribal Systems such as Social Security, or the Veteran’s Administration. The aim of the Case Manager is to coordinate services and provide a link between systems in order to coordinate and advocate on behalf of our clients.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate with Behavioral Health Clerical Support Specialist and Clinical staff to maintain an updated list of contact information for Behavioral Health clients.
- Strict adherence to Confidentiality Laws shall be maintained at all times.
- Admits new clients by reviewing records and applications; conducting orientations, completing necessary intake documentation and eligibility information.
- Determines clients’ requirements by completing intake interviews; determining need for therapeutic, medical, psycho-social, and psychiatric evaluations; reviewing therapist evaluations, treatment objectives, and plans.
- Establishes treatment programs by setting schedules and routines; coordinating services being provided; arranging resources, including transportation and escort.
- Monitors cases by verifying clients’ attendance; observing and evaluating treatments and responses; advocating for needed services and entitlements; obtaining additional resources; intervening in crises; providing personal support.
- Maintains clients’ records by reviewing case notes; logging events and progress.
- Communicates clients’ progress by conducting interdisciplinary meetings and evaluations; disseminating results and obstacles to therapeutic team and family; identifying treatment influences.
- Prepares clients’ discharge by reviewing and amplifying discharge plans; coordinating discharge and post-discharge requirements; orienting and training family members; providing resources.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing treatment and results data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION
- Understand the importance of and provide excellent customer service
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Ability to schedule appointments and follow a schedule
- Needs to have good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the local area, community, and Spokane
- Must understand personal boundaries and professional conduct when interacting with clients during and outside of normal work hours
- Must have a good driving record and have good driving skills
- Associate’s Degree in helping field
- Valid Driver’s License and a good driving record
- Requires excellent customer service skills
- Requires ability to communicate with clients and staff
- Must be able to conduct themselves in a professional and ethical manner at all times in their department and in the community.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment background and drug screenings
- Applicants who have a Bachelor’s level education in social work, behavioral science, or degree in a field relating to mental health counseling will be favorably considered.
*101-630 This position will have regular contact with and/or control over children as part of their job duties.
Must Apply Online: https://spokanetribe.bamboohr.com/careers/268?source=aWQ9MjA%3D
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Empero Corral
(509) 458-6583 (509) 458-6527 Fax: (509) 458-6556
Applications Must Be Received In The Human Resources Department by 4:30 PM On The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants Will Be Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
Positions Considered Safety Sensitive Will Also Test for Marijuana
All Positions With The Tribe Are Subject to a 90-Day Probationary Period