|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-18-105|
|Status||REGULAR FULL-TIME, NON EXEMPT|
|Rate of Pay||$20.19/HR|
|Opening Date||MAY 30, 2018|
|Closing Date||JUNE 20, 2018|
The incumbent is responsible for directing and implementing preparation of timber sales on the Spokane Reservation. Responsibilities include designing, implementing and data processing for timber cruises; development of timber appraisals; preparation of timber sales prospectus and contract; implementation of NEPA for silvicultural prescriptions and timber harvest operations; and designing and directing various data collection projects. Incumbent performs duties under the supervision of the Supervisory Forester (Silviculturist). Guidance is available as needed on unusual and/or difficult assignments; otherwise incumbent formulates his/her own work schedule on his/her own initiative and carries work to completion independently.
FORESTER LEVEL 1 (Presales)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares timber sales documents for harvest treatments and ensures Forest Officer’s Reports are complete;
- Trainee level, works under supervision of senior foresters;
- Basic presales field duties: timber marking, cruising, mapping and line running;
- Assists silviculturist with reconnaissance, vegetation mapping, prescription preparation, harvest unit layout and development of marking guides as needed;
- Assembles Forest Officers Reports for timber sales and maintains sales preparation files;
- Creates maps with GIS for timber sale contracts;
- Compiles cruise data to report realty or timber sale volumes;
- Collects and processes GPS data;
- Develops prospectus, appraisal, contract and any other documents necessary for the preparation of sales for advertisement;
- Prescribed fire, assists as crew member or support staff;
- Perform realty cruises and assists with appraisals;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- For specific projects, organizes and supervises the work of 3 to 4 Forestry Technicians in timber marking and other duties related to implementing realty cruises. Responsible for ensuring accuracy of data collected.
- Must have a Valid State Driver’s License and a good driving record for insurance purposes.
- Bachelor of Science in Forestry, Forest Management, Forest Ecology or similar;
- Familiarity with local tree species and forestry practices;
- Training and experience in PC use: operating systems, word processing, spreadsheets, database software and forestry applications;
- Training and experience in GPS applications in forestry.
- Able to lift and carry 45 lbs.
- Able to walk all day in steep, rugged terrain;
- Firefighter 2 qualified for prescription burning.
- 1 year experience in the natural resources field preferred.
Applications Are Available at the Spokane Tribal Human Resources Department or can be downloaded at www.spokanetribe.com
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527
Fax (509) 458-6556
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
***All Applications Must Be Received in the HR Department No
Later Than 4:30pm on the Closing Date***
The Spokane Tribe of Indians Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
All Positions With The Spokane Tribe Are Subject To A-90 Day Orientation