RECEPTIONIST, INTAKE TECH.
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-18-044|
|Title||RECEPTIONIST, INTAKE TECH.|
|Rate of Pay||$13.00 - $15.00 PER HOUR, DOE, DOQ|
|Opening Date||JANUARY 31, 2018|
|Closing Date||FEBRUARY 7, 2018|
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
The Spokane Tribe Of Indians Tribal 477/TANF Program is to promote and support Tribal families in reaching their full potential in becoming healthy, productive and self-sufficient. Giving clients access as well as input into the full range of programs and services to promote their self-esteem, independence, and self-sufficiency.
The Receptionist/Intake Tech will greet customers and treat them with respect and dignity and maintain all confidential standards. The Receptionist/Intake Tech will assist the E & T Career Development Specialists and TANF case workers in providing excellent customer services to the 477/TANF clients through assisting with the administrative duties associated within the office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet, direct and inform effectively and professionally with those who contact or utilize STOI Tribal 477/TANF program services;
- Answer and screens incoming telephone calls on multi line system, refers to other staff if necessary & take messages;
- Expected to exercise mature judgment, initiative and resourcefulness in carrying out the responsibilities and duties of this position and will report to designated workstation at scheduled work hours;
- Filing correspondence; creating new files, archiving files, keep records up to date;
- Performs clerical functions that may include, but not limited to typing, filing, copying, faxing, mailing sort/delivery;
- Receives and reviews incoming TANF and General Assistance applications for potential clients. Identifies any missing documentation and provides written notification of application submittal, completion or incompletion;
- Locate files for returning clients or create new files as needed;
- Access TAS computer system to enter new applicant information/data;
- Transport 477/TANF clients as needed;
- Assist TANF case workers with filing or data entry when needed;
- Log and deliver daily support service/grant request to accounting dept;
- Confidentiality and /or Privacy Act will be adhered to at all times;
- Track and keep record of all workers timesheets for bi-weekly payrolls;
- Performs other work related activities and duties as required;
- Ability to maintain electronic records;
- Assist Career Development Specialists/Case workers with workshop prep, preparing booklets, homework packets, making necessary copies, contacting clients on dates and times as needed;
- Assist the 477/TANF Office Manager with weekly/monthly support service audits and recordkeeping;
- Order and distribute office supplies;
- Coordinate office equipment repairs/maintenance with outside vendors;
- Be punctual and maintain high attendance rate;
- Must abide by the guidelines and expectations covered in the Code of Ethics for Helping Professionals handbook.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Ability to be flexible and capable of working in rapid changing environment;
- Ability to take direction and work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work cooperatively with members of the public and with co-workers;
- Ability to practice tact, courtesy and discretion;
- Ability to multi-task
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must have a combination of education, training, certifications which demonstrates the capabilities to perform the duties.
- Must have administrative and customer service experience.
- Must have and maintain a valid WA State Driver’s License and a good driving record for Tribal Insurance purposes.
- Successful clearance of required background checks and pre-employment requirements required
- Experience working with and maintaining confidential information required
- Must be proficient in computers, able to work with Microsoft Office
- applications (Excel and Word).
Applications Are Available In The Tribal Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 206 Wellpinit, WA 99040
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Geraldine Abrahamson
Ph# (509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527, FAX (509) 458-6556
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Or, applications can be downloaded online at:
Applications Must Be Received In the Human Resources Department
No Later 4:30 p.m. on the Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its
Indian Preference Policy
Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
Positions With The Spokane Tribe Are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation Period