|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-18-060|
|Department||GAMING ENFORCEMENT DIVISION|
|Location||ALL GAMING FACILITIES|
|Status||REGULAR, FULL-TIME, EXEMPT|
|Rate of Pay||$16.59 PER HOUR|
|Opening Date||MARCH 2, 2018|
|Closing Date||MARCH 9, 2018|
The Surveillance Technician is responsible for the maintenance and installation of digital surveillance system, maintaining close, continuous surveillance of all gaming areas and the entire property, in order to protect life, assets and the property, and observes all procedures, standards, systems and policies of the Spokane Tribal Gaming facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installation and maintenance of digital surveillance cameras.
- Installation and maintenance of digital surveillance system and integration of IP based covert and overt cameras.
- Maintenance of a Windows based Surveillance Server.
- Integration of cameras in to third-party proprietary surveillance software.
- Maintenance and configuration of third-party proprietary surveillance software.
- Monitors, understands and ensures compliance with the policy and philosophy pertaining to loss prevention.
- Will ensure that all gaming activities conform to the Tribal Regulations, Standards, Guidelines, Minimum Internal controls and Policies and Procedures established for Gaming.
- Responsible for maintaining the highest level of confidentiality in the department.
- Must understand basic room operations and be able to keep all recordings functional.
- Responsible for documenting and reporting any gaming deviations to the Investigator, Surveillance Supervisor and/or Gaming Commission, Staff and Casino Administration as required.
- Must monitor the table games to detect violations of rules, dealer errors and possible cheating or scams.
- Must monitor the Cashier Cages, slot machines, Soft Count and the restaurant area for any procedural deviation that could affect Tribal assets.
- Must pass written tests for each casino department as supervisor finds necessary.
- Maintains a consistent and regular attendance record.
- Held accountable for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Write comprehensive, daily reports utilizing computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Conduct observations of all gaming activity in reference to the compliance of the Spokane Tribal Gaming Code rules and regulations.
- May assist other departments of the gaming agency.
- Must have ability to develop and maintain working relationships with casino personnel and management.
- Ability to learn, understand and apply the regulations as set forth by the Spokane Tribal Gaming Commission.
- Maintain positive peer relationships and provide assistance in a professional manner.
- Must display professional behavior at all times.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents.
- Must have ability to respond effectively to others.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to climb ladders and meet the physical demands related to roof and ceiling camera installation.
- Must be able to work independently, be detail oriented (written and verbal), and have a consistent attendance record.
- Must be able to work rotating shift schedules at times including weekends (day shift, night shift, graveyard, peak operation hours).
- Must be able to travel to all gaming facilities to work assigned schedules.
- Must be able to be flexible with schedule.
- Must be able to pass background investigation.
- Gaming experience in casino or regulatory environment required.
- Must have exceptional communication skills both verbal and written and the ability to multi-task.
- Must possess excellent observational and communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a good driving record and be tribally insurable.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required, and Minimum one (1) year Low Voltage, Surveillance Technical, Information Technology or related experience required.
Knowledge of, and experience with, digital surveillance equipment, computer and computer servers preferred. Must be able to detect any schemes or cheating activity aimed at the Tribal Casino or its’ customers. Ability to monitor casino, write log entries and reports intelligently and legibly.
Applications are available at the Tribal Human Resource Department
or can be downloaded at www.spokanetribe.com
Contact Sabrina McCoy
P.O. Box 206 Wellpinit, WA 99040
509-458-6583 Fax: 509-458-6556
Applications must be received in the Human Resource Department
no later than 4:30 p.m. on the closing date.
The Spokane Tribe reserves the right to hire according to
its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants are subject to a Pre-Employment Drug Test
All Positions with the Spokane tribe of Indians are subject to a 90-day