STOI GOV: CO-OCCURRING COUNSELOR (GD)
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-18-200|
|Title||STOI GOV: CO-OCCURRING COUNSELOR (GD)|
|Supervisor||BEHAVIORAL HEALTH MANAGER|
|Department||HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES|
|Location||SPOKANE INDIAN RESERVATION|
|Rate of Pay||$25.00 - $28.00/HOUR (DOE/DOQ)|
|Opening Date||DECEMBER 11, 2018|
|Closing Date||DECEMBER 28, 2018|
Functions as a Co-Occurring Disorders counselor while demonstrating the clinical skill and experience to assess, plan, develop, coordinate, and provide treatment, rehabilitation, and support services to program clients with severe and persistent mental illness, gambling disorders, or both. To provide education, consultation to families, and crisis intervention services to clients. Works cooperatively and effectively with the public and other programs within the community.
- Ride Sharing Van – Leaves and returns to downtown Spokane 5-days/week.
- Fees Apply and vary based on ridership. (The more people participating the cheaper it is.)
- Subject to availability
- Competitive Benefits Package
- 14 paid Holidays/year
- Eligible during probation period.
- PTO can be accrued during probation.
- HRSA designated site
- You may be eligible to receive a grant to pay off student loan debt.
- See HRSA website for details - https://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loan-repayment/benefits.html#nhsc-lrp
- We’re a smaller agency which can allow for more comprehensive and individualized client care.
- We offer special paid trainings and travel.
- Will be responsible for accepting referrals for MH and Problem Gambling disorders (GD). Referrals can come from multiple agencies and programs within the tribe and outlying communities.
- Provide care coordination services for assigned group of clients.
- Assume primary responsibility for developing, writing, implementing, evaluating, and revising overall treatment goals and plans in collaboration with the Clinical Team.
- Provide groups, individual counseling, and treatment as identified with the client.
- Participate in staff organizational meetings and treatment planning review meetings.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment.
- Knowledge of Mental Health signs and symptoms as defined in the DSM 5, treatment plans, medication management and effects of the medication. Treatment plans, signed and dated, monthly plan reviews, individual and group counseling practices.
- Ability to compose letters, write reports, gather and analyze data for presentation to HHS Director.
- Will make contact with other providers, inpatient facilities, family members, organizations, individuals who are providing a varied group of services to the tribal member. Personal contacts will be made to individuals who are not in the best place at the time of contact.
- Assess clients, work with families and get referrals from different agencies for MH services.
- Make arrangements for bed dates, payments for services, PO for personal items.
- Report the results of assessments/treatment plans/ compliance to courts, CPS, employers and other necessary entities.
- Applicants must have a Master’s or Doctoral degree in mental health counseling or a Behavioral Science Master’s or Doctoral degree in a field relating to mental health counseling.
- Active Unrestricted WA State Mental Health Professional License, or Advanced/Clinical Social Worker.
- Desire to be a certified Problem Gambling Counselor
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in direct services within a Mental Health Program.
- Must possess a valid Washington State Driver's License with good driving record and be insurable by the Spokane Tribe of Indians (verifiable).
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Applications Are Available At the Tribal Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
(509) 458-6583, (509) 458-6527, Fax # (509) 658-6556
Or down load: www.spokanetribe.com
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Applications Must Be Received In The Human Resources Department
No Later Than 4:30 P.M. On The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According
To Its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
All Positions With The Spokane Tribe Are Subject To A-90 Day Orientation