|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-18-030|
|Supervisor||CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER|
|Department||SPOKANE TRIBE TELECOMMUNICATIONS EXCHANGE|
|Status||FULL TIME, NON EXEMPT|
|Rate of Pay||DOE/DOQ|
|Opening Date||DECEMBER 20, 2017|
|Closing Date||OPEN UNTIL FILLED|
Installs, troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains telecommunications equipment. Builds telephones in the PBX with requested features, configures telephone sets and deploys sets to desired locations as requested. Provides reports, completes request for new and/or changed service. Responsible for maintenance and support for the local area and wide area network systems, providing data and telecommunications connectivity for the Spokane Tribe Telecommunications Exchange and our customers.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform adds, moves and changes within a telephony PBX system.
- Troubleshoot, identify, repair and/or replace faulty LAN/WAN computing and telecommunication system components.
- Troubleshoot, repair, configure and install telephones and desktop computer systems.
- Perform routine preventative and corrective maintenance on various types of telecommunications and computing equipment.
- Participates in continued education opportunities as necessary for successful completion of assigned tasks.
- Provides on-call advanced technical support to various users and organizations regarding specific applications and operational problems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems both current and past.
- Knowledge of telephone systems including using command line for configuration thereof.
- Knowledge of telecommunication voice mail systems.
- Experience using telephony Management application.
- Knowledge of network protocols including TCP/IP and the seven layer OSI model thereof.
- Knowledge of IP sub-netting and addressing.
- Knowledge of VLAN’s and VLAN tagging.
- Knowledge of telephony signaling types such as SIP and MGCP.
- Familiarity using Microsoft SharePoint software.
- Must have extensive experience using Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word applications and Visio experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, prioritizing and completing assignments and tasks.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and within time restraints.
- Must be able to correctly configure and deploy VoIP phones and computer systems for IP addressing in both a static and DHCP environment.
- Must have the ability to work within a dynamic work environment.
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot, repair and upgrade various equipment to include IP – digital - analog telephone sets, desktop systems, fax machines as well as related hardware and software.
- Ability to provide problem-response to end-users of telecommunications systems and services, and perform needed changes.
- Must have familiarity using testing and troubleshooting equipment such as cable testers, toners, buttsets, etc.
- Ability to perform routine software installation and upgrades to phone sets and computers.
- Must have the ability to install a wide variety of software titles to support telecommunications needs.
- Must have the ability to keep accurate documentation of telephony information.
- Must have the ability to install and terminate Ethernet (UTP) and telephony cabling (25 pair etc.) systems to EIA/TIA standards.
- Must be available 24/7 for any travel emergencies that may arise.
- Must be available for periodic overtime or on-call status as required.
- Must be willing to attend progressive job related training as needed/requested.
- Must have the ability to interface with customers in a friendly and business-like manner.
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Ability to clearly compose routine business correspondence.
- Associates Degree preferred, or College Courses and/or years of industry experience will be considered in lieu of Associates Degree.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Two or more years of courses/certificates in telecommunications, computer-related or telephony-related fields of study.
- A minimum of ten years of experience preferred, working in a multi-building campus environment supporting all types (digital, IP & analog) of telephones in a PBX environment.
- A minimum of ten years of experience preferred, installing, configuring and maintaining telephones in a multi-building campus environment.
- A minimum of ten years of experience preferred, installing residential telecommunications to include telephony, internet and associated wiring equipment.
- Must have a minimum of one year using a trouble ticketing system in a corporate environment.
Applications Are Available In The Human Resources Department
Contact: Sabrina McCoy
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
FAX: (509) 458-6556
Applications Must Be Received In The Human Resources Department No Later Than
4:30 p.m. On The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its Indian
Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
Positions With The Spokane Tribe Are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation