|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-18-029|
|Supervisor||CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER|
|Department||SPOKANE TRIBE TELECOMMUNICATIONS EXCHANGE|
|Status||FULL TIME, NON EXEMPT|
|Rate of Pay||DOE/DOQ|
|Opening Date||DECEMBER 20, 2017|
|Closing Date||JANUARY 3, 2018|
The Network Engineer will provide technical expertise and proficiency to maintain reliable and efficient operations of the internal and external networks designed to support the Spokane Tribe Telecommunications Exchange and our customers
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install, configure and support a wide variety of network equipment such as routers, switches, ONT’s and other network equipment.
- Create, maintain and update documentation of the commercial network infrastructure.
- Monitor WLAN performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Troubleshoot, identify, repair and/or replace faulty LAN/WAN systems, equipment, or components.
- Monitor network traffic and status to provide early detection and isolation of network issues.
- Perform comprehensive monitoring and alerting of network systems across the entire network infrastructure.
- Perform routine security checks to ensure network integrity.
- Conduct periodic security audits, including simulated sniffing, eavesdropping, penetration testing, and devices settings management.
- Performs updates, patching, and full system upgrades for all L2 and L3 network equipment.
- Provide first layer response for after hour technical support for network and connectivity issues to enterprise, commercial, and residential customers.
- Provide after hour access to secure network spaces to co-location customers.
- Troubleshoot and repair various commercial third party high speed data lines for commercial and enterprise customers.
- Triage, assess and mobilize equipment, parts, staff and materials to restore network connectivity in emergency conditions to minimize system downtimes.
- Coordinate planned network outages with external customers to minimize network traffic disruption.
- Participate in the daily operation of the corporate network and telephony infrastructure.
- Assist in technology projects as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- In-depth knowledge of network monitoring software.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with major Internet routing protocols such as, but not limited to BGP and OSPF.
- Must have experience designing network and datacenter installations utilizing L2 and L3 protocols.
- Must have competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits.
- Must have experience with, and expertise in many of the following protocols and technologies: SIP, T1/DS1, 802.11, VLANs, IPv4 & IPv6, TCP, BGP, OSPF, HSRP, TACACS, IPSEC & VPNs, firewalls, Netflow, DNS, and HTTP.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, prioritizing and completing assignments and tasks.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and within time restraints.
- Must have strong foundation in principles, planning, and implementation of TCP/IP networks.
- Must have knowledge of WAN topologies, telecommunications products, and protocols.
- Must have ability to engineer network equipment from Brocade, Cisco, Juniper, Adtran, Palo Alto, Zhone and other vendors.
- Must have the ability to manage firewalls, switches, and routers for core and access networks.
- Must have the ability to work on PRI circuits and connections from T1 up to 10 GigE.
- Must have experience in WLAN packet analysis, signal optimization and PoE.
- Must have solid understanding of WLAN switching and routing techniques for Ethernet networks.
- Must be able to troubleshoot, identify, and replace failed electronic components.
- Must be able to keep accurate documentation of network repairs and equipment replacements.
- Must have the tolerance and patience for dealing with upset, angry, and/or frustrated individuals.
- Must be available to work flexible shifts (all days of the week) and hours, holidays, and special events.
- Must be able to respond to work during emergency situations.
- Must be available for periodic overtime or on-call status as required.
- Must be willing to attend progressive job related training as requested.
- Must be available for periodic support to remote Mountain top radio sites.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- CCNA Certification
- Current Network+ Certification preferred
- High School diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, College Courses and/or years of industry experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Two or more years of courses/certifications in telecommunications, computer-related or network-related fields of study.
- A minimum of ten years of experience is preferred, in design, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of networks transporting differing topologies including fiber, wireless and copper.
- A minimum of ten years of experience preferred, in managing network switches, routers and firewalls.
- A minimum of ten years of experience preferred, providing after-hours technical support for network or connectivity failures.
- A minimum of ten years of experience preferred, working as a CCNA technician.
- Must possess a valid Washington State Drivers License, and be tribally insurable.
- Must possess and maintain personal automobile insurance (documentation must be attached)
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening.
- Must have a successful employment history with current and past employers.
- At time of employment must successfully clear a criminal background inquiry.
Applications Are Available In The Human Resources Department
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Geraldine Abrahamson
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
(509) 458-658, or (509) 458-6527
FAX: (509) 458-6556
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com
Applications Must Be Received In The Human Resources Department No Later Than
4:30 p.m. On The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its Indian
Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
Positions With The Spokane Tribe Are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation Period