TIMBERSALES TECH II, IN HOUSE
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-17-109|
|Title||TIMBERSALES TECH II, IN HOUSE|
|Rate of Pay||$12.24 - $14.07/PER HOUR|
|Opening Date||SEPTEMBER 6, 2017|
|Closing Date||SEPTEMBER 13, 2017|
Incumbent is a Timber Sales Technician, in the Timber Sales Program under the direct supervision of the Timber Sales Supervisor.
Incumbent at this level acts as a timber sale officer; carries out various phases of contract administration. Supports cruising efforts for land and timber sales. Lays out skid trails, landings and logging spur roads. Qualified as utilization scaler and begins training for production scaling. Assists the tribal Timber Sales Manager with seeding treatments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. As Timbersales Technician for Timbersales, incumbent is responsible for ensuring that Timber sale contract and permit provisions are complied with and ensures that landowner’s property is protected from damages related to harvesting operations.
a. Acts as timbersale officer on at least two timber sales with unusual and complex prescriptions of forest conditions. Demonstrates an ability to explain contract requirements to purchaser representatives and monitors and inspects various contract operations and resolves related on-the-ground problems.
b. Carries out the various phases of contract administration including keeping supervisor informed of operations and calling unsafe conditions to the attention of supervisor and contract representative including, when necessary, terminating applicable operations near unsafe or hazardous equipment or practices.
c. Supports timber cruising efforts for land and timber sales.
d. Lays out skid trails, landings and logging spur roads and assists contractors in establishing harvesting needs.
e. As qualified will determine merchantable content of five commercial species of sawlogs as a basis of payment for Indian owned timber.
2. When needed during periods of low logging activity or in coordination with active timber sale duties:
a. Further assist with seeding project areas.
3. Performs other assigned forestry duties.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS, LEVEL I
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License, and Tribally insurable.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Computer experience, ability to operate Windows based computer software.
- Able to lift and carry 45 lbs.
- Able to walk all day in steep, rugged terrain
- Able to endure extreme variable weather conditions
LEVEL II, IN ADDITION TO MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS LEVEL I:
- 2 years’ Forestry experience
- Training and experience in map reading, corner and property line location
- Contract administration
- Training and experience in PC use: word processing, spreadsheets
- GPS Training
- Utilization Scaling Training
- Effective Writing Skills
- Forest Harvest System Training
- Learn seeding treatments
- Production scaling training
Applications are available in the Tribal Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
Or can be downloaded from our website at www.spokanetribe.com
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Geraldine Abrahamson
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527
Fax # (509) 458-6556
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
All applications must be submitted to the Human Resources Department no later than 4:30 p.m. on the closing date
The Spokane Tribe reserves the right to hire according to its Indian Preference Policy
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment drug test
Positions with the Spokane Tribe are subject to a 90-Day Orientation Period