ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT INTERN
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-17-108|
|Title||ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT INTERN|
|Department||SPOKANE TRIBAL COLLEGE|
|Status||TEMPORARY, 10 WEEKS, 20 - 32 HRS PER WEEK|
|Rate of Pay||$13.00/HR|
|Opening Date||SEPTEMBER 5, 2017|
|Closing Date||SEPTEMBER 19, 2017|
The purpose of the 10-week Internship Program at the Spokane Tribal College is to facilitate student learning opportunities outside the classroom. These experiences provide the opportunity to apply classroom theory to “real world” situations thus enhancing the students’ academic and career goals. Interns will be allowed to work up to 32 hours per week during school breaks and up to 20 hours per week while school is in session.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Receptionist responsibilities
· Assist with student processing
· Payroll and reimbursement processing
· Invoicing and payment tracking as well as deposit processing.
· Managing and reconciling office and bookstore supply inventory.
· General office duties including filing, cleaning, copying, faxing answering phones, checking mail, running errands, and assisting faculty.
KNOWLEDGE AND SILLS REQUIRED:
· Working knowledge of MS Office programs (Word, Excel)
· Knowledge of standard office equipment and multi-line phones
· Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
· Ability to work with various departments to finish necessary projects.
· Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills required
· Ability to work with various departments to finish necessary projects
· Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Be a Spokane Tribal College student in good standing
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License, good driving record
- Successful clearance of Criminal History and Background inquiry
Applications are available in the Tribal Human Resources Department
OR, can be downloaded from our website: www.spokanetribe.com
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
(509) 458-6527 or (509) 458-6583
Fax # (509) 458-6556
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Geraldine Abrahamson
E-mail: Sabrina.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
All applications must be submitted to the Human Resources Department no later than 4:30 PM the closing date
The Spokane Tribe reserves the right to hire according to its Indian Preference Policy
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment drug test and at random following employment
All applicants are subject to a 90-day orientation period