CHILD MENTAL HEALTH SPECIALIST
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-17-088|
|Title||CHILD MENTAL HEALTH SPECIALIST|
|Department||HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES|
|Rate of Pay||$25.00 PER HOUR|
|Opening Date||JULY 12, 2017|
|Closing Date||OPEN UNTIL FILLED|
Child Mental Health Specialist (CMHS) is responsible for providing individual and group counseling for children and adolescents with mental health and/or substance use issues.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With other staff members, develop a comprehensive behavioral health program, medication management and referral from drug/alcohol counselor, Child Care, Head Start, and the Wellpinit School system.
- Provide casework and counseling services for children and youth who are having problems with adjustment, attendance, school work, and/or behavioral problems in the school setting.
- Interview pertinent individuals to obtain data on patient’s personality and behavior as required for diagnosis and treatment.
- Provides individual and group therapy to those indicating a need for such an approach to problem solving. This would include problems which manifest themselves in suicides and attempted suicides, alcohol and substance abuse, family problems, child neglect and abuse, marital problems, excessive drinking, school dropouts, and juvenile delinquency.
- Assist the Health and Human Services Department in utilization of existing medical and social welfare resources through application of professional knowledge and awareness of resources and development of working relationships with other social and health agencies.
- When requested, provides training to other Health and Human Service workers and/or community.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
- Must have the knowledge and skills to provide therapeutic counseling services to individuals of all ages.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize services
- Must have the knowledge and ability to independently handle the caseload effectively.
- Must have the knowledge and ability to work with a wide variety of people, social economic and professional levels.
- Must have working knowledge of the use and interaction of psychotropic medications.
- Masters degree or higher in counseling or psychology
- Must be fully licensed in Washington State as a LMHC or LMFT
- Must be recognized by Washington State DOH as a Child Mental Health Specialist (CMHS) as defined by RCW 71.34.020
- Must have a valid Washington State Driver’s License, good driving record and be tribally insurable.
Applications Are Available At the Spokane Tribal Human Resources Department or
can be downloaded at www.spokanetribe.com
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Geraldine Abrahamson
(509) 458-6583 (509) 458-6574 Fax: (509) 458-6556
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Applications Must Be Received In The Human Resources Department
By 4:30 PM On The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its
Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants Will Be Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
All Positions With The Tribe Are Subject to a 90-Day Probationary Period