|Vacancy Ann. #||OCEO-12-027|
|Title||LOT ATTENDANT/CASHIER - SPOKO CHEWELAH|
|Status||FULL TIME AND PART TIME (2 POSITIONS)|
|Rate of Pay||$9.04 / HOUR|
|Opening Date||AUGUST 10, 2012|
|Closing Date||AUGUST 24, 2012|
The Spoko Fuel Lot Attendant/Cashier performs routine maintenance of facilities as outlined in the essential duties and responsibilities and assists in operating a convenience store and provides excellent customer service while accurately transacting sales of fuel and merchandise. The Spoko Fuel Lot Attendant/Cashier maintains clean and safe work premises, in accordance with Spoko Fuel, Chevron/Texaco and statutory standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides top quality service at all times and to every customer in accordance with Spoko Fuel, Chevron/Texaco standards and instruction from management.
- Empty’s garbage cans at fuel island.
- Fill washer fluids and towel dispensers.
- Wipe down pumps.
- Shovel snow around pumps and walkways.
- Mopping and sweeping in store.
- Washing windows.
- Assisting guest in filling gas tank.
- Stock cooler on weekends.
- Clean restrooms, and various dispensing machines (fountain, cappuccino, slushy, coffee).
- Fill propane tanks.
- Conducts sales transactions quickly and accurately. Operates cash register, using scanner by passing UPC bar-coded items to display cost of customer purchases and tax (if applicable) on monitor screen. Enters all transactions into register, accepts payment and accounts for all funds.
- Reviews and checks customer credit cards, strictly following policies and procedures. Obtains electronic or telephone authorization for all charges. Mechanically imprints/embosses all manually entered cards.
- Issues a receipt to all customers and returns the appropriate change to the customer.
- Performs daily Spoko Fuel cleaning lists; stocks and merchandises as instructed by management.
- Accomplishes shift changes by documenting unit inventory count of tobacco products and cash register counts at the beginning and end of every shift. Completes Till Count Sheet and all other required paperwork.
- Works with customers to identify needs and resolve any complaints/problems.
- Takes measures to preserve the safety of employees and all others in the work location. Wears required safety equipment.
- Verifies the age of customers purchasing alcohol or tobacco products.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must pass a background check and maintain a good record throughout employment.
- Candidate must possess great communication skills, both verbal and written, along with the ability to deal effectively with people in multifaceted work environment.
- Candidate must be able to follow all safety guidelines and be familiar with and follow all Tribal and applicable state and federal laws pertaining to convenience store operations.
- Candidate must be able to work flexible shifts (all days of the week) and hours, holidays and special events.
Applications Are Available In The Tribal Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 206 Wellpinit, WA 99040
Contact: Molly Abrahamson or Marlene Jimboy
Ph# (509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527
Or, can be downloaded online at:
Applications Must Be Received In the Human Resources Department
No Later 4:30 pm on the Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its Indian Preference Policy
Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
Positions With The Spokane Tribe Are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation Period