|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-12-067|
|Title||CIVIL COURT CLERK|
|Supervisor||TRIBAL COURT ADMINISTRATOR|
|Status||REGULAR / FULL TIME|
|Rate of Pay||$12.00 / HOUR|
|Opening Date||AUGUST 27, 2012|
|Closing Date||SEPTEMBER 10, 2012|
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Responsible for assisting in the orderly operation of the Spokane Tribal Court System. Primarily responsible for all duties associated with criminal filings. The individual will also assist with Civil and Criminal cases and all other duties and responsibilities of Spokane Tribal Court.
- Assist in assuring compliance with any and all policies, procedures, rules, regulations, codes, and laws of the Spokane Tribal Law & Order Code and or Spokane Tribal Court.
- Greet persons entering the court reception area in a friendly, courteous manner and assist the individual (s) to the best of their ability.
- Prepares the Tribal Court area to accommodate all types of hearings, trials, arraignments, etc.
- Schedules and monitors Tribal Court hearings, trials and arraignments in a strict, orderly and timely manner.
- Process appeals in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain and ensure effective communication between the Tribal Court, Tribal Prosecutor, Public Defenders and/or other attorneys.
- Refers parties to appropriate persons based on the requested legal assistance.
- Maintain an accurate filing and records management system for final disposition of cases.
- Assists the Court Administrator in maintaining statistical reports concerning caseload and types of cases or violations.
- Attend required program meetings and training as assigned.
- Duties and responsibilities subject to change based on needs of the Court.
REQUIREMENTS: Individual must:
- Have a minimum of 1 year Court experience in Court procedures and record keeping.
- Have High School Diploma or G.E.D
- Demonstrate an ability to prioritize work.
- Have knowledge of Court etiquette and protocol.
- Be bondable for insurance purposes.
- Be able to operate personal computers, calculators, copiers, and court recorders without difficulty.
- Be willing to learn electronic court docketing system.
- Be able to travel for training on electronic court docketing system.
- Have good communication skills both oral and written
- Practice strict confidentiality at all times
- Be a self starter and able to adhere to strict schedules
- Be able to adapt quickly to emergency situations and schedule changes.
- Have the ability to interact with people from diverse backgrounds
- Be able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with various offices, departments, and other courts
- Dress appropriately to maintain and enhance the professional image of the Court
- Have the ability to maintain a recognized an accepted court filing system and be able to revise systems to meet current demands
- Pass a Criminal Background Investigation, must currently have and must maintain a reputable standing in the community.
Applications are available in the Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 206 Wellpinit, WA 99040
Contact: Molly Abrahamson or Marlene Jimboy
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527
Fax # (509) 458-6556
All applications must be submitted to the Human Resources Department no later than 4:30 pm the closing date
The Spokane Tribe reserves the right to hire according to its Indian Preference Policy
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment drug test
All applicants are subject to a 90-day orientation period