STOI GOV: SUMMER YOUTH COORDINATORS - SPOKANE
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-19-041|
|Title||STOI GOV: SUMMER YOUTH COORDINATORS - SPOKANE|
|Supervisor||LEAD YOUTH COORDINATOR|
|Department||477/TANF YOUTH PROGRAM|
|Rate of Pay||$15.00 PER HOUR|
|Opening Date||MAY 2, 2019|
|Closing Date||MAY 16, 2019|
The Spokane Tribe of Indians Tribal 477 Program is to promote and support Tribal Youth and their families in reaching their full potential in becoming healthy, productive and self-sufficient. This will be offered in a way that protects and benefits the Tribal children, respects and preserves their culture, values and traditions, gives families access as well as input into the full range of programs and services to promote their self-esteem, independence and self-sufficiency.
The Youth Coordinator(s) will oversee all associated activities and events at the Community Center(s) that relate to the Spokane Tribal 477 Program. The Youth Program Manager will facilitate the coordination of services to the Communities by working collaboratively with the Coordinators, other Service Providers and Community Members.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mandated reporting of abuse and neglect through the appropriate channels
- Assist in implementing policies and procedures to carry out the youth program objectives for the Spokane Tribal TANF Youth Program
- Monitor youth and other community members utilizing the Community Center as well as on field trips for safety reasons
- Assist with scheduling and arranging daily activities during specific timeframes
- Assist in maintenance and upkeep of the Community Center, Tribal Vehicles, equipment and grounds
- Assist in monitoring the facilities and schedules such that the Center serves the Community
- Directly supervising youth and providing corrective action when necessary
- Ensures safety and wellbeing of youth
- Teaches, guides or otherwise instructs youth
- Serves as a leader and role-model
- Documentation and report writing of incidents and or accidents
- Performs other work related activities and duties as required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Knowledge of extracurricular activities related to physical, culture, mental, etc.
- Skills of an advanced swimmer
- Knowledge of culture and traditions of Native Americans
- Ability to be flexible and capable of working in rapid changing environments
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, holidays, irregular hours, and overnight stays
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and at times as a team member
- Ability to follow directions in all formats
- Ability to practice confidentiality, tact, courtesy and discretion
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to handle minimal to extreme physical activity at any given time
- Ability to speak in a public setting and facilitate groups
- Knowledge of computer applications, copiers, fax, projectors, etc.
- Knowledge of community programs providing youth services
- Some lifting may be required; employee must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Some activities require overnight camping. Employee must be able to sleep on the ground, pitch tents and/or set up tee pees, swim, hike, and bike and prepare meals in primitive settings.
- Must be willing to be trained in CPR/First Aid, and Life Guard Certification.
- Must be willing to obtain and retain updated Food Handlers Card.
- High School Diploma/GED required. Additional consideration given to those that have extended education in fields associated with the youth or youth related activities/prevention/wellness
- Must have experience working with youth
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Must have previous experience working with Native American clientele and understand cultural needs
- Must be 21 years or older – provide proof with application
- Must possess a valid Washington State Driver’s License and be tribally insurable
- Successfully clear a criminal background inquiry.
- Subject to Safety Sensitive Drug Testing.
Applications Are Available In the Tribal Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
Phone # (509)458-6583 or (509)458-6527
Or download: www.spokanetribe.com
Applications Must Be Received In the Human Resources Department
No Later Than 4:30 p.m. on the Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its
Indian Preference Policy
Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
Positions With The Spokane Tribe Are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation Period