STOI GOV: SUMMER CREW BOSS, WELLPINIT SITE, UP TO 6 POSITIONS
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-19-038|
|Title||STOI GOV: SUMMER CREW BOSS, WELLPINIT SITE, UP TO 6 POSITIONS|
|Supervisor||LEAD CREW BOSS|
|Department||477/TANF EMPLOYMENT & TRAINING|
|Rate of Pay||$17.00 PER HOUR|
|Opening Date||APRIL 25, 2019|
|Closing Date||MAY 9, 2019|
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
Under general supervision, will train and supervise a team of summer youth employees in good work ethics, valuable work experiences, and practices. Ensures that daily activities/projects are completed. Maintains adequate supplies and materials inventory, keeps a daily log identifying completed projects. Keeps accurate time and attendance records of all workers. This position requires excellent attendance and willingness and commitment to serve as a role model to the youth. Transports crew and self to and from work locations via assigned vehicles. The Lead Supervisor will reasonably assign other duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises and responsible for up to 15 youth daily and works along with Y.E.S. Team during activities/projects assigned;
- Track workers hours to ensure accurate and complete youth workers timesheets bi-weekly according to STOI payroll;
- Monitor and track mileage used on vehicles and submit logs weekly into 477 Dept;
- Transports self and Youth to and from work locations via assigned vehicles; operates and maintains assigned vehicle (12 passenger van);
- Trains youth in maintaining, cleaning and utilizing equipment;
- Trains youth in proper safety procedures and guidelines for assigned tasks;
- Responsible for any damages that may occur to leased or rented vehicles;
- Required to report, document and follow supervisor’s recommendations, when damages and/or incidents occur on the job within 24hrs;
- Assist in maintaining adequate supplies and materials inventory;
- Keeps a daily log identifying completed projects;
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- At least two (2) years of related maintenance, carpentry or repair experience preferred.
- 2-4 years’ experience monitoring/supervising youth or supervising others.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and willing to work in all weather conditions and be able to meet the physical requirements outlined in the job description. Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Prefer applicants to maintain a substance abuse free lifestyle while employed and working with youth.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must be at least 23 years of age or older, proof required with application.
- Must have valid Washington State Driver’s License good driving record and be tribally insurable
- Must be able to stand for extended lengths of time and work in all weather conditions
- Supervisors must be able to work along with crews during activities
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Prefer applicants maintain a substance abuse free lifestyle
- First-Aid and CPR certification
- CDL License, and/or transportation experience (will be transporting a crew of 12 to 15 in a passenger van)
Applications Are Available In The Tribal Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 206 Wellpinit, WA 99040
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
Ph# (509) 458-6574 or (509) 458-6527, Fax# (509) 458-6556
Or, can be downloaded online at: (www.spokanetribe.com)
Applications Must Be Received In the Human Resources Department
No Later 4:30 p.m. on the Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its Indian Preference Policy
Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test