STOI GOV: HEALTH COACH
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-18-134|
|Title||STOI GOV: HEALTH COACH|
|Supervisor||HHS CARE COORDINATOR|
|Department||SOCIAL SERVICES, HHS|
|Rate of Pay||$13.00 PER HOUR|
|Opening Date||JULY 20, 2018|
|Closing Date||OPEN UNTIL FILLED|
The Health Coach will be responsible for effectively communicating with elders on the Spokane Indian Reservation to identify needs, and make referrals to the appropriate resources and services. The Health Coach will work with elders to develop strategies and set goals to help meet the client’s needs, and understand all of the resources available within their community to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES:
- Communicate with Spokane Tribal Elders with face to face visits. Conduct mini-questionnaires to elders that want to engage in services.
- Develop goals and strategies with elders to utilize community and Cultural resources available to promote health and safety.
- Engage with elders and community effectively and professionally adhering to Confidentiality and Privacy at all times.
- Identify any health impairments to assist target age with services.
- Maintain ongoing, effective relationships with community health care providers.
- Transport clients to and from health care appointments if needed.
- Assist with elder’s exercise and mobility health needs.
- Assist elders with medication management in congruent with their primary Health Care Physician.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must have basic computer skills, word, excel, publishing and power point.
- Must be reliable and willing to work no less than 30-40 hours per week.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Nursing Assistant Certification or agree to obtain certification within 6 months of employment.
- No founded abuse and or neglect allegation in scope of any age.
- Valid CPR/First Aid (obtain within 30 days of employment).
- Basic Computer Skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Successful clearance of a criminal background check
- Must have and maintain a valid Washington State Driver’s license, with a good driving record and be Tribally Insurable.
- Must be able to safely drive in all weather conditions.
- Understand and adhere to HIPPA compliance.
Applications Are Available In the Tribal Human Resources Department
Contact: Sabrina McCoy, or Andrea Flett
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
FAX: (509) 458-6556
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Must Be Received In The Human Resources Department No
Later Than 4:30 p.m. on The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its Indian
Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
Positions With The Spokane Tribe Are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation Period